WCC provides programs, knowledge, skills, club rides, camaraderieship and support to all those who want to cycle and increase their fitness and performance.
Road riding is an exciting, but sometimes intimidating world to enter.
The Wednesday Novice Ride is an ideal way to meet new riders, learn from experienced leaders and go for a spin with friends while practising the basics of group cycling.
You will learn the etiquette of group riding while improving your fitness and confidence. Early season rides will start at a reduced pace over a shorter distance and gradually build with the objective of participating as a group on Tuesday nights. If you decide not to move to the Tuesday night rides, you are welcome to continue with us on Wednesday night for the season.
Parking lot at Sir John A. Macdonald school (north corner of parking lot near Creekside Dr. and Erbsville Rd.)
Starting April 10th at 6:30pm from the parking lot at Sir John A. MacDonald School. After Labour Day, 6:00 pm. Please watch the website/Twitter/Facebook of any changes.
You will learn:
- How to communicate in a group
- Safe drafting
- How to Ride pace and keep a group together
- Survival skills for the road (basic repairs)
- Introduction to double pace line
- Pace will be 20 – 25 km/h (increasing each week)
You must be a WCC member to participate in the Wednesday night ride program.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a road ride intended for participants on road bicycles. Hybrids and mountain bikes are not recommended to ensure your successful participation. We will do our best to accommodate all skill and fitness levels.
- What you should bring to the ride
- Road bicycle in safe running condition
- CSA/SNELL/ANSI approved bicycle helmet
- Water bottles and food
- Cycling computer/odometer (to maintain a consistant pace in a group)
- Cell phone (optional)
- Emergency contact information/ID (let someone know where you are going)
- Basic tools, spare inner tube, pump or CO2 inflation cartridge
- Front and rear light for late season rides