Starting May 6th, 2015.
6 Week Program:
May 6, 13, 20, 27 June 3, 10, – Start at RIM Park, North East corner of Parking Lot, just off Millenium Blvd. Registration is NOT required for the program.
The program will extend if cancelled to due weather cancellations. Please watch the website forum, Facebook and Twitter.
From June 17 onward, the Novice Ride will still take place at Sir John A MacDonald Highschool. There will not be formal instruction although many of current ride leaders will also be attending.
WCC provides programs, knowledge, skills, club rides, camaraderieship and support to all those who want to cycle and increase their fitness and performance. Participants must be at least 15 years of age and be comfortable on a bike.
Road riding is an exciting, but sometimes intimidating world to enter.
The Wednesday Novice Ride is an ideal way to meet new riders, learn from experienced leaders and go for a spin with friends while practising the basics of group cycling.
You will learn the etiquette of group riding while improving your fitness and confidence. Each week focussing on a new skill.
This is a clinic/teaching type ride NOT for speed or distance.
Starting May 7th at 6:30pm from the parking lot at RIM Park. Set aside 1.5 hours.
Please watch the website/Twitter/Facebook of any changes.
You will learn:
- How to communicate in a group
- Safe drafting
- How to Ride pace and keep a group together
- Survival skills for the road (basic repairs)
- Introduction to double pace line
You must be a WCC member to participate in the Wednesday night ride program.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a road ride intended for participants on road bicycles. Hybrids and mountain bikes are not recommended to ensure your successful participation. We will do our best to accommodate all skill and fitness levels.
- What you should bring to the ride
- Road bicycle in safe running condition
- CSA/SNELL/ANSI approved bicycle helmet
- Water bottles and food
- Cycling computer/odometer (to maintain a consistant pace in a group)
- Cell phone (optional)
- Emergency contact information/ID (let someone know where you are going)
- Basic tools, spare inner tube, pump or CO2 inflation cartridge
- Front and rear light for late season rides