Home Forums Rides Your Big Ride: 160km rider coordination

This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  bdoberst 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

bdoberst
    Participant

Hi everyone, I just sent out an email to all 160km riders so we can coordinate transportation (people + bikes) to the start and finishing point of the 160km distance. We will try to do this with our own personal vehicles and bike racks (without renting a shuttle bus/van/trailer, etc) since it’s impossible to get a one day rental that weekend (lots of students moving!).

Once you receive your email, can you post something below that says your name and then something like “I can drive, and can take 2 additional people and their bikes” or “I need a ride”. I’ll kick things off as soon as i post this message so you’ll see the pattern.

Once we know how many people can provide rides for others I’ll do a quick tally to make sure everyone has a ride.

bdoberst
    Participant

BRENT: I can drive, and have space for 3 additional passengers plus their bikes

Waterloobiker
    Participant

Chris Yellow and I are driving together. Unfortunately there is only room for us and our bikes.

dwtrueman
    Participant

David Trueman: I can take a total of 3 bikes and 2 riders (including me) OR 2 bikes and 5 riders (including me)

rosepedals
    Participant

Hey Brent…I’m still waiting to hear at work if I can get the day off and if so I can take one other rider if needed! I should find out by Fri if my request has been approved.

Joel

motorsmitty
    Participant

I’m in limbo as well. Waiting on ball tourney results this weekend affecting my status for the 26th.

JasonPollard
    Participant

Brent, thanks for organizing the car pooling and the other support you’re providing to organize Your Big Ride. Couldn’t do it without you!

It’s going to be an awesome day!

Jason

Farid
    Participant

Hi,

I just signed up for the 160 km loop, but I am interested in doing 240 km. So my plan was to start riding at 7 am or earlier and meet the 160 km at the start location. This way I will be in a group most of the time. So is it possible to know the exact location of the meet point of the 160 km.

Also is it possible for the drivers to bring extra water with them so I could take it once we arrive at the start location since I would have ridden 40 km and would need to rehydrate. If anybody is interested in this plan please let me know.

Thanks

Farid

JeffHeipel
    Participant

Hey Brent

I can drive and take up to 2 other riders and their bikes with me. (total of 3 including myself) Also, my wife Kim is available to drive if need be. (she is not riding) She could take up to 3 riders and their bikes.

Jeff H

bdoberst
    Participant

That’s great Jeff. I’m not sure if Kim’s offer will be needed though. In addition to everyone who has replied above, we also have the use of the Kallisto van (thanks Mark!) which can seat up to 10 people with 6+ bikes. If your wife doesn’t mind, maybe she could show up at the parking lot knowing that she may or may not be driving? Or, she could stay home and if she’s needed you could call her from the parking lot?

So, we’ll sort out the final details of who goes with which driver/vehicle when we arrive at SJAM Saturday morning at 7:30am!

andyh
    Participant

Hi Brent,
    I can take 2 people and bikes in my car.
    Cheers, Andy

Felipe Solano
    Participant

Felipe: I need a ride.
    My wife is volunteering on Saturday and will need the car.
    I’ll be at SJAM around 7:20am.

Cheers,
    Felipe

DarrenBrabazon
    Participant

Hey guys,
    My bike and I could use a ride for the 160km route. Sounds like there are several spots available.
    See you on Saturday.
    Thanks,
    Darren

bdoberst
    Participant

Yes, there will be lots of spots available.

By the way, here’s the updated route map which shows our starting/finishing point in Atwood. Parking is available at the Elma Community Centre in Atwood: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1729047158

sm reimer
    Participant

I’ll need a ride. I will come to SJAM for 7:30.
    Thanks,
    Sandra

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.