Home Forums Advocacy Who's Lane is it Anyway? Tell Your Story

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rmayersuw 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rmayersuw
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Rebecca Mayers and I am currently a Masters student at The University of Waterloo doing research on our cities cycling infrastructure, policies, and culture. I am collecting cyclists stories about cycling in the KW region to expose how seemingly cycle friendly policies actually cater to cars. My critical approach will help give light to discrepancies in policy and infrastructure to help improve the cycling environment. The data from the interviews will be used to make a documentary film on exposing the state of cycling in Waterloo.

Participation involves an hour interview. I am collecting data for the whole month of November and beginning of December, so if you would like to participate please let me know or pass my details to others who would like to.

Please email cycling@uwaterloo.ca if interested.

Looking forward to hearing from any of you! Thanks!

Rebecca Mayers

mike_ch_1
    Participant

Sharrows are useless

Please tell me you know about http://www.copenhagenize.com/?

rmayersuw
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I read Copenhagenizie on a regular basis. Mikael Colville-Anderson also gives great talks on the subject of bicycle culture by design. It’s often hard to make such suggestions in a city without uncovering the problem and exposing how the current infrastructure and policies don’t work. The aim of my thesis is to uncover so-called bike friendly policies that exist in the KW region and tell individuals stories about their experiences. For example, telling a story about your thoughts on sharrows and your experiences leading to the conclusion that they are useless is what I want to hear! If possible, can I interview you about it? My email is cycling@uwaterloo.ca if you’d like to set up a meeting time.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.