Home Forums Rides Tuesday CX Ride

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Igor 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Igor
    Participant

The weather is looking up and allowing less and less room for excuses not get on the bike, especially if you are about to race the Steaming Nostril and Paris to Ancaster ;)

The gravel roads have been too icy lately; we will stick to the pawed roads; come out on a road bike if you don’t have a cross steed.

The race fever is on, so we might split into faster and slower groups.

Race? I thought those were just casual friendly rides… I better unregister :)

Igor
    Participant

I am talking about the fever for participating in the upcoming races, which does make the training rides more spirited, just like it’s supposed to be happening this early in the season.

You should stop complaining, cause you had no problem in the last week’s ride…

And about being friendly: a TRUE cycling friend will do his/her outmost to make you squirm in pain ;)

Ha ha! That’s not a complaint Igor :) I’ll give it all I’ve got, training or no training :) You will either see me finish or find me dead trying LMAO :) Based on how you continue encouraging me to make me feel the ‘pain’ you sure are a true cycling friend :) No Pain, No Gain :D

iggi
    Participant

I should be able to make it. 6pm, right?

mike_ch_1
    Participant

6:30

iggi
    Participant

I plan to be there. I’m not familiar with the area though, is the no rider left behind policy in effect?

Igor
    Participant

As I mentioned earlier, with the Spring season approaching these rides are slowly transforming from casual social rides into a training with the pace being pushed. We don’t mind slowing down once in a while for the the stragglers to catch up, but it is not good having to wait consistently for too long.

The riders that are not sure about how well matched their ability to the Tuesday ride is, should first do a test ride on the weekend.

Igor
    Participant

So who is coming?

h2merrit
    Participant

East wind tonight = exploring new roads. Lots of fun to be had!

h2merrit
    Participant

Good solid training ride, about 75 km of it with Igor and Chris Wood. Wind was rough. http://app.strava.com/activities/43328291

Igor
    Participant

Gaelen,

You should be more tactful and not mention the long distance, hard wind, and Chris Wood, or we will never get another rider for these rides.

Oh I so wish more guys would embrace pain and suffering as the highest form of fun on the bike…

Getting dropped is being frowned upon, while that is the best thing that can happen to an aspiring cyclist. If one is never riding at the level where getting dropped is a constant possibility, one is not training hard enough. Dave Vukets used to come to these type of Winter rides and he got dropped regularly, but he persistently kept coming back and each time managed to hold on for just a little longer. He is now one of the top Canadian cyclists!

hot.tri.guy
    Participant

Yeah, Igor, that’s because biking is attracting a lot of people who, 10 years ago, would have been playing golf. I.e. they’re in it largely for the social factor.

Igor
    Participant

I do actually like the social factor. This is why I keep begging people to come out. This is the way I look at it: The harder we ride, the better we will get, the more in love with cycling we will be, the greater comradeship and opportunities for meaningful socializing we will create…

Pushing for hard riding is not to tear people down, it’s to build them (and myself) up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.