September 5, 2012 at 10:00 pm #13000
We did this route through Yatton and Wallenstein once previously. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, and we can do it again this Saturday.
Next week (Sept 15), it might be nice to get the distance up in preparation for Tour de Hans. I’m thinking about some variation of an Elora loop between 80 and 90km. Let me know if you have route recommendations.
Where: Parkdale plaza at the corner of Albert and Bearinger/Hazel, near the Coffee Time donuts.
When: Saturday at 8:30am
Distance: 50 – 70km
Pace: upper 20′s depending on the group
Bring everything required in order to be self sufficient: food, drink, tube, pump etc.
This is not an official WCC ride.September 6, 2012 at 5:21 pm #13054
Hey John, which direction would we start in? Bearinger-Erbsville, etc?September 6, 2012 at 9:02 pm #13056
Hi Kari: The plan was to head to Conestoga the usual way, then left at the top of the hill and on to St. Jacobs, Three Bridges Rd. to Hawkesville. The weather forecast as of this moment indicates 100% chance of rain for Saturday and 10-15mm, so it’s not looking good. A slightly shorter alternative would be as you suggest, out Bearinger toward Erbsville Rd. The group is free to suggest alternatives that suit the weather. On the bright side, my bike is still dirty from Tuesday and I just got a new rain jacket that needs testing:-)September 6, 2012 at 9:48 pm #13057
I was just trying to figure out if we were coming back the usual way along Sawmill so I could peel off and head home and make it to work on time. Not sure if that’s do-able though I’m definitely up for a longer ride on the 15th though!!September 7, 2012 at 11:51 am #13058
Based on the forecast, I think it’s pretty safe to consider this ride cancelled for Saturday. If anyone wants to go on Sunday morning, reply back here.September 7, 2012 at 3:49 pm #13103
If Sunday morning is dry I’ll ride. I might even go later Saturday if it looks like it is clearing up… post here if interested.September 8, 2012 at 11:19 am #13109
The radar isn’t showing much activity west of here (as of 11am Sat), so it looks like a ride would be possible this afternoon, if you are willing to risk a bit of drizzle. Forecast indicates it might get a bit windy though. Sunday says partly cloudy and less windy. State your preference for either 2pm Saturday, or 8:30am Sunday. (Anne would like to go but can’t go Sunday am.) I’m leaning toward Sunday am, but could do either.September 8, 2012 at 11:47 am #13110
I can’t ride today until late afternoon – 4 or 5. Not sure about Sunday yet.September 8, 2012 at 11:53 am #13111
I’m preriding the centurion course tomorrow and am looking for an easy spin this afternoon, so keep me posted on your plans!
GaelenSeptember 8, 2012 at 12:02 pm #13112
Could ride at 4 today if that works.
AnneSeptember 8, 2012 at 12:30 pm #13113
I could ride today (Saturday), but not tomorrow.
2 or 4 pm would be okay for me.
BradSeptember 8, 2012 at 12:37 pm #13114
Sounds like 4pm works for everybody then. How about we meet in the parking lot at RIM park (Manulife Sportsplex on University)?September 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm #13115
Great! 4pm RIM
AnneSeptember 8, 2012 at 1:12 pm #13116
Okay, see you at 4 at RIM
BradSeptember 8, 2012 at 2:52 pm #13161
Not sure I can make 4pm but will try. Which way are you heading?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.