Home Forums Trails Night Riding at the Hydrocut

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chorus101 6 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Chorus101
    Participant

I work during the day and would like to keep riding as much as possible during the winter..[Not the hamster wheel]..Anyone interested in riding the trails 3 to 4 times a night with me..Start time would be around 7:30-8pm…earlier on Sunday.. Would like to do most, if not all the trials
    Thanks
    Nicholas

Steven Stillaway
    Participant

Hey Nicholas,

Well, there is a WCC Thursday Night Ride at The Hydrocut. We start at 8 PM at the Glasgow lot. It does depend on the weather; we don’t go if it is really bad out. You can check this out.

It is for Cycling Club members.

We don’t tend to do all of the trails, but a fair bit. We mix it up depending on who shows up and how we feel.

Not sure how long this will keep going during the Winter, will see what ridership is like. Usually once the snow gets deeper the Glasgow side is blown in and we will likely switch to the Snyder’s side and not do as much of the trails.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Chorus101
    Participant

Thanks …I’m fully aware of that ride, But like my post says I’m interested in riding the trails 3 to 4 times a week. Would like to keep my fitness level up till I switch back to road in the summer. And yes The Pines side.
    Last winter my buddy and I road it every night that temps were in the minus and the snow was nice and hard packed.[little dusting was fine]. We even did Paris to Brantford quite often.
    So any brave soul who would like to join me is welcome…WCC Member or Not…As this is not a club ride.

bill2012
    Participant

Hi Nicholas,

Is Paris to Brantford on rail trail or MTB rails?

If you are okay with rail trail, then Monday (St. Jacobs outlet mall) and Thursday (McLennan) gravel rides may also be of interest to you. Both of these are also official club rides.

Cheers,
    Bill

Chorus101
    Participant

rail

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.