Home Forums Rides March 10th – good friday pre-ride

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Philip 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Robb
    Participant

The weather forecast is actually showing a positive number this weekend! Anyone feel like heading over to Ancaster and riding the course for the first road O-Cup for a few laps? Nothing crazy, moderate pace on the winter beaters, just get an idea of the turns and what few hills there are.

Thinking of parking at the fairgrounds around lunch.

h2merrit
    Participant

I’m tentatively interested… It would be great if I could ride down (~75 km), do a few laps and then get a lift back to Waterloo.

Robb
    Participant

I thought about that too (looks to be about 60-65km from my door in Guelph) but it would have to be a pretty day for me to spend that much time out in it :)

Laps are only 16km so round trip plus 2 laps, maybe 160k or so.

Igor
    Participant

I’d be up for riding there, few laps and back…

mike_ch_1
    Participant

on cross bikes?

Igor
    Participant

No, road bikes if it’s going to be a dry day.

iggi
    Participant

I’m game as well!

Robb
    Participant

Might be a little wet from snow melt, but otherwise should be dry. Almost looks like spring is coming.

What route/start point works for everyone? I assume highway 8 is something to avoid.

ahamill
    Participant

Have my mom’s birthday party on Sunday, so I’ll have to pass on this, but I’d be willing to do Saturday afternoon if anyone else is interested.

qhanam
    Participant

I’m opening the velodrome on Sunday. I’d be interested in riding down on Saturday though.

Robb
    Participant

We could set for the 9th if that is better. Sunday is starting to hint at rain

Igor
    Participant

I don’t care if it’s Saturday or Sunday.

Robb
    Participant

+5 on Saturday and +9 on Sunday in Ancaster. oooooh yeah

mlynch
    Participant

I am game for either/both days.
    Mild south wind both days.
    Time and starting place?
    How about usual 9:30 but at Starbucks on Ira Needles south of Victoria (since we are going south).
    I may only ride three hours though, but I know the roads and could lead others back that do not want a five hour ride this early in the season.

Mike

Igor
    Participant

The “usual” starting time is 9:00 AM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.