Home Forums Rides Intermediate Road Ride, Thursday May 18

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JasonPollard 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

April
    Participant

It looks like as soon as I am back the weather gets uncertain again!

We will be watching the radar and calling the ride on or off as we get closer to 6:30.

Hopefully things will go off without a hitch and we can ride the Floradale
    Cruiser: https://www.strava.com/routes/3241595

We are the intermediate part of the Thursday Group Road Ride. You must be a member to join us.

April

April
    Participant

Hi all,

There is a severe thunderstorm watch still in effect for the Kitchener area.

However, the radar looks good for the area we are going to be riding in, so the ride is currently a go.

Due to the unstable nature of the cells moving through our area we will reserve the right to making a final call at 6:30.

Don’t worry, we will have one or more of our ride organisers in the parking lot to let you know for sure!

April

gdmalet
    Participant

April & I both drove up in lashing rain to cancel the ride at RIM Park, and found it clear, dry, & sunny up there, with a bunch of riders (at least one of whom was soaking wet though) ready to go! So off we went.

Our group consisted of about 8 people, and we followed April’s planned route. We fought the wind on the way out, and I’m sure it had nothing to do with the probable record times we clocked along 4th Line.

Route was as planned: https://www.strava.com/activities/994970906

It was a fine ride, warm & sunny the whole way, and in the group the wind was really not too much of a problem. I’m glad I didn’t wimp out 🙂

g

JasonPollard
    Participant

Thanks Giles and April!

I’m really glad to hear that the weather (for the most part) co-operated.

Jason

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.