Home Forums Rides Gravel Adventure Ride for Saturday Dec 16th

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Craig N 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

andyh
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    I’m supposed to be leading the ride this Saturday, but its too cold for me. If any other brave person wishes to lead the ride please post.

Andy

Kevin Gibson
    Participant

Let me see what my Saturday is like – I may have family commitments. If not, I’ll lead. I’ll post a route Friday evening if I’m able to.

With the cold, I may stick to something more sheltered, maybe columbia woods or heath valley trail into the grand river trail.

dougd
    Participant

I will be there on cx. Depending on temp and roads, could do a Durst Empey loop.

Ana-Maria
    Participant

I am in too, fatbike or cx whatever you plan for.

steveshikaze
    Participant

I might be out on my fat bike! CX isn’t winterized yet…

bill2012
    Participant

-17 with wind chill at 09h00. Without at doubt, that is frost bite territory for my fingers and toes at CX speeds out in the open.

I might be able to tolerate some time on the fat bike, in the woods with flat pedals and my regular winter boots. I’m feeling a little under the weather right now. I will have to see how I feel in the morning.

Kevin Gibson
    Participant

Ok I can lead. Hmm those temps do sound like fatbike, flat pedals, and big boots time. I’ll post a route shortly, I’ll try and keep it sheltered.

Kevin Gibson
    Participant

Alright, here we go. Mostly through the city, some new-to-me trails connecting areas I do know. Avon trail, RIM park, Bechtel Park, Breithaupt park, Forwell trail, etc…

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26608590

Craig N
    Participant

Am I going to get stuck along the way on a CX bike? Is anyone else riding one? I will extract the MTB from deep within the recesses of my shed if necessary…

Ana-Maria
    Participant

Where do we meet? I can’t view the route.

Craig N
    Participant

St Jacob’s farmer’s market factory outlet mall.

steveshikaze
    Participant

Ana: meet at the usual place at the outlet mall. I’ll meet along the way somewhere since the route passed near my house!

Kevin Gibson
    Participant

Give it a go, Craig. You can follow in the fat tracks. Worst spot will probably be the heath valley trail at the start. Rest ot the trails will likely be packed by walkers anyways.

Craig N
    Participant

Anyone riding tomorrow?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.