Home Forums Rides FCV: Intro to track riding (second session)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan J 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mark Buckaway
    Participant

I setup and ran a Intro to Track riding in Sept at the Forest City Velodrome, and we have 13 riders come out. Of course, it was the same day as one of the Gran Fondos, so I suspect the turn out could have been better.

I am wondering if there is enough interest for another session. It would be on a Sunday from noon-2pm or 2pm-4pm probably in November.

This is of interest to anyone new to track, doesn’t want to ride the trainer all winter, any one of the Rec riders that did the Wed/Sat rides, etc.. At lot of track time at the spent with open rides. Today, for example, it was a 4 hr session.

If you race, we also do interval sessions on Sundays and there is a small group of WCC members that carpools through the winter. So, it can supplement your race training. We typically do 30-40 sprint efforts in 2 hrs mixed with some endurance work.

The FCV is about 1hr10 from Uptown Waterloo (50 mins from Cambridge).

Email me if you are interested in a second session Learn to Ride the track session.

Mark Buckaway
    mark.buckaway@forestcityvelodrome.ca

Farid
    Participant

Hey,

I am interested in trying this out. Also The University of Waterloo Cycling club would also be interested.

Mark Buckaway
    Participant

So far, I’ve only heard from 2-3 people interested. However, if you have 10+ people that might want to join in, I’d be happy to setup this up.

Email me directly.

Mark
    mark.buckaway@forestcityvelodrome.ca

Susan J
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I’m interested and so is my husband. Scheduling tends to be tricky because of our son’s hockey schedule, but I’ll keep an eye out for any further word on this and hope we can make it. Thanks for organizing!

Susan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.