Home Forums Rides Fast Fondo – Sat June 17th – St George

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JasonPollard 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Weather is looking great tomorrow morning with a 40% change of thunderstorms starting around 11am and winds from the south that start quite mild and pick up through the day.

We’re going to do one of my favourite routes down to St George for coffee at the Brown Dog and then home through Paris and New Dundee.

St George 113km: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14170799

If we have enough riders we will break into two groups.

This is an official Waterloo Cycling Club ride and you must be a 2017 member of WCC. Register here: http://waterloocyclingclub.ca/membership

The Fondo rides meet at the Sobeys Plaza, Columbia and Fischer-Hallman. It’s still June so we’re starting at 8:30am.

Wind Direction:

Bopper
    Participant

I like it!!! I’ll be there – rain or shine!

There is a problem with the route though. There is construction on the route through Petersburgh. The main road through Petersburgh is currently under construction and is SINGLE LANE from the highway to the Blue Moon. There is also a lot of gravel!!! I know a few of the group that would prefer not riding on gravel… so I suggest we come up with a different route home. I would suggest adding a couple more Km’s and coming back on Sandhills… or cutting it a little shorter and coming back on Trussler.

I’ll let the leader decide, but thought this needed to be brought up before we get there in the morning.

Kevin

JasonPollard
    Participant

Hey Kev, thanks for pointing out the construction. When we get to New Dundee Golf Course we can head east and then home through Mannheim.

At the start we’ll head down Fischer Hallman to University and then over to Ira Needles.

Jason

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.