Home Forums Rides Big Ride: share-the-distance partner?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bdoberst 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bdoberst
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve signed up to do the Big Ride on Sept. 10th, but don’t plan to complete the full 230km-ish distance. If anyone would like to partner up to “share” the distance, please reply here. I have an SUV that can easily take a bike inside, so all you have to do is ride roughly half the distance and drive the vehicle/your bike when it’s not your turn to ride. My initial thinking is either I will ride to Bayfield (probably into a westerly headwind knowing my luck!) and the partner can ride back, or we could tradeoff twice (I ride half the way to Bayfield, you ride the next half, I ride halfway back and you ride the final half).

If you’re saying to yourself, “the Big what”, details here: http://waterloocyclingclub.ca/archives/36347

Actually, even if a partner has already replied here, feel free to post here that you are also looking to share the distance. We can turn this post into a “Big Ride matchmaking” service…;-)

Bopper
    Participant

Hey Brent, great idea!
    I may take you up on this… I need to talk to the boss though. I have The PwC Epic Tour the next day, so she may not like me gone two days in a row. I will let you know as soon as I can.
    I think the driving person could also help out with volunteering as on road support as well.

Talk soon.
    Kev

Andrew Meyer
    Participant

I too would like to “share” the distance with someone. I have a car with bike rack to carry the second bike.
    Just reply to the post or contact me at ajmeyer1966″at”gmail.com
    replace the “at” with @

Bopper
    Participant

I have discussed it with my wife, and we have decided that one day gone is enough. So i have to pass on this ride for this year.

Andrew and Brent go ahead and share the ride.

Ride strong all!
    Kev

bdoberst
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Sorry it’s taken so long for me to reply. I’m ‘in’ for the distance sharing idea so will coordinate with you by email. I wouldn’t mind riding the first leg (or riding to the first rest stop, switching there, and then taking the first leg after lunch to the 2nd rest stop) but we can work that out by email.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.