Home Forums General 3rd Annual Cyclocross Worlds Watching Party – Feb. 3rd At McCabe's

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark W 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mark W

On February 3rd we’ll be having a Cyclocross Worlds watching party at McCabe’s in the Guinness Room. We’ll start gathering around 5pm and play the men’s and woman’s races after everyone settles in between 5:30 and 6.

It’s nice to reconnect with friends through the winter since we don’t all get out riding together as much. Come out, chat, grab a bite to eat and something to drink. We are given the room free of charge, but are encouraged to bring an appetite.

Haven’t watched cyclocross before? Fear not. It’s not a dull multi-hour long race with nothing much happening most of the time. Cross races are generally around 50 to 60 minutes and there’s always something happening from the start to finish.

If you have twenty minutes and want an overview of a cx race here’s a highlight reel of a cx world cup, courtesy of Svenness

Hope to see you there,

Mathew Gallagher

oh man I always love watching that video. Killer. Sadly I doubt I will be in attendance as H’s swim meet in London takes priority and doubt we will be back in time.

Mark W

Only 4 days to go!

Mat, we’ll find another excuse to get together and have a drink sometime soon. Maybe gravel grinders should stop at pubs instead of bakeries.

I think the women will have the interesting race. There are a few ladies that could be in contention. We’ll see…

Mark W

Soooo, a tiny bit of false advertising on my part. I wasn’t aware the men’s U23 and elite race are on Sunday. The UCI calendar I was using for worlds wasn’t quite right. All the proper race times are listed on the official event page, which I somehow missed.

So, the junior men, U23 women and elite women race on Saturday. We’ll have the women’s race to watch, and one of the others if anyone wants. As I said before the men’s should, hopefully, be dominated by Mathieu van der Poel but the women’s is wide open.

Here’s a good article on cx worlds this year.

Kevin Gibson

I was looking forward to the elite women’s race more than the men’s for sure.

Mark W

Thanks to everyone that came out. It was another fun evening and the women’s race didn’t disappoint. Don’t forget to watch the men’s live at 9am Sunday morning.

CX Worlds Social 2018<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.