Home Forums General 2018 Memberships Now Available

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bdoberst 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Please check out the following post for additional details and a link to purchase your 2018 membership: http://waterloocyclingclub.ca/archives/40905

pwa93
    Participant

Question.. just renewed my membership for 2018 (and OCA) and received the electronic membership card but it has no membership number on it like last year. Is that an error or is the number just not a requirement?

bill2012
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know. I would expect it should have a number, but will leave it for Jason to confirm.

JasonPollard
    Participant

I have a question into CCN and will update this post when I hear back.

The number isn’t a requirement, but it also doesn’t make sense for the field to be blank.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Jason

Mel
    Participant

I renewed my membership for 2018 at the end of December when it was first announced that 2018 membership was open. When I received my electronic membership card, it said 2017 (in big black numbers), so right now it appears I have no proof that I am a 2018 member in good standing. I suspect this happened because I actually performed the renewal at the end of December (and didn’t wait until January to renew).

Can someone please look into this and issue me a 2018 membership card?

Thanks.

JasonPollard
    Participant

Hey Mel,

I’ve sent this question to CCN and will get back to you as soon as I have more details. Thanks for reaching out!

Jason

Mel
    Participant

My issue has been resolved. CCN just issued me a new (2018) membership card. Thanks for expediting this Jason 😉

EpicCrawfish
    Participant

I’m moving to Waterloo in April and plan to join WCC, race CX in the fall, etc. Is registration open year round, and is there any reason to register now versus after I’ve moved?

Looking forward to riding with you!

Andy

JasonPollard
    Participant

I’m glad Mel! Thanks for updating the forum.

Jason

JasonPollard
    Participant

Regarding Membership #’s not showing:

CCN has quickly resolved the problem and reissued all cards. If you continue to have any issues please let us know.

Jason

JasonPollard
    Participant

Hi Andy,

We look forward to having you in Waterloo come spring!

There is no need to join at this time, unless there are other benefits you might get from an Ontario Cycling Club membership (or race license). The OCA requires that all Ontario club members have an OCA membership of some type…a few members have found this a challenge when moving here as they already had a different provincial membership or race license.

Note: We will be changing our website and forums soon, but you can always ask questions through an email to info@waterloocyclingclub.ca

Jason

bdoberst
    Participant

Hi Andy,

The sooner you register, the sooner you’ll be even more of an awesome person 😉

Registration is open year round, but WCC membership comes with sponsor discounts (at local bike shops which also sell online), OCA insurance (which also confers member benefits: http://www.ontariocycling.org/membership/member-benefits/) and access to our growing database of local rides/routes.

Maybe another way to think about it is are there any benefits to waiting?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.