Due to lower-than-expected signups, WCC has decided to postpone the Parts, Gear & Bike Swap to a date later in the season.
We think the current wintry weather partly explains things, but as an added incentive we are also eliminating the $10 signup fee for all sellers (members only).
Keep watching the website for an announcement of the new date…
The Waterloo Cycling Club is pleased to announce the First Annual “WCC Parts, Gear and Bike Swap”! The event will take place on Saturday March 25th from 12:30 noon-2:30pm at the Waterloo Recreation Centre, rm. 101. All current 2017 WCC members are invited to reserve table space for the sale…you must have a paid up membership to reserve your space. The cost is $10/half table and you can use the floor space below each table as extra space to sell. Tables are 2 ½ ft X 5 ft long: if you’re selling a bike, please try to choose a table in front of a wall so you can lean your bike up.
To reserve space, please go to this SignUp.com link: http://signup.com/go/rM9SDh
A few guidelines:
- Vendors should arrive at 12 noon to set up your table (doors open to buyers at 12:30pm)
- Have change on hand, especially loonies, toonies, $5s and $10s
- Put prices on all of your items (Dollarama stickers?)
- Payment for your table space will be collected as you set up
- It’s a good idea to print out a list of your stuff (with prices) and have this on hand
- We recommend that you only accept cash as payment (no cheques…ATM available in the Rec Centre lobby)
- If you’re selling a bike, please try to choose a table in front of a wall so you can lean your bike up.
- Be vigilant! Buyers may be from outside the WCC community so keep watch on your stuff, especially small, expensive items (e.g. bike computers, watches)
Note: WCC has some 2016 jersey’s that we’ll be clearing out at the Swap. Here’s what will be available: